As a wedding photographer, I work with so many brides in a year. I have seen so many wedding plans going for a toss as well as going bang on target on a wedding day. Here is a wedding checklist every bride should follow.
12 Month or More To Go:
- Browse websites like Pinterest and save pictures related to outfits and decor. Go through the wedding photographer’s work and start shortlisting.
- Visit wedding venues especially if you are planning a destination wedding.
12 – 9 Months To Go:
- Start planning with your wedding checklist. Here is a free wedding planning checklist and to-do service.
- Meet wedding planners and finalize your wedding planner.
- Decide on your wedding budget.
- Make your estimate on your guest list.
- Book your venues especially if your wedding date is on a high demand auspicious dates.
- Book your wedding photographer if you planning to hire one of the top wedding photographers. Usually, they get booked very early.
6 Months To Go:
- Shortlist your makeup artists and check their packages.
- Decide on your theme and color combinations for each event ( mehndi/sangeet/wedding/reception ).
- Research for your honeymoon locations/visa detail and expiry of your passport.
- Finalize your caterer and menu options.
3 Months To Go:
1 Month To Go:
- Send invites
- Trials and fitting for all your outfits.
- Check with all your vendors about their preparations.
- Finalize your mehndi artist
- Finalize your DJ and choreographer.
- Book your wedding cake.
- Plan your timeline for sangeet performance practice sessions.
- Send email to guests for useful services like Flyrobe ( Now part of Rent It Bae ) where they can rent out designer wedding dresses ( You can use this coupon ( FLYNAVDEEPSONI15 ) to get a special discount ).
1 Week To Go:
- Start your body detox and skincare.
- Follow a diet plan leading to your wedding day.
- Recheck all bookings with all the vendors
Forget everything.. chill, relax and enjoy your big day!