Why would I recommend podcasts for wedding photographers or rather any photographer? Today I am kicking of first of the many blog posts that would help photographers in general.
As a photographer, we are usually engrossed and en gripped with lot of technical stuff in and around our photography gears. If you are earning from photography or plan to earn, than photography is just one third of running the business.
Today I will be sharing 5 podcasts that will help you in your wedding photography business directly or indirectly.
Why you should subscribe to podcasts ?
Today wedding photography business is a mix of blogging, social media, networking, vision and entrepreneurship. If you read that again, it has nothing to do with photography but is a major contributor to your wedding photography business. Podcasts are nice and smart way to self help on these topics. Industry insiders or leaders share their experiences to your benefits.
I follow mix of podcasts that target specific categories or areas. Podcasts are nice alternatives when you are not in mood of reading. There are tons of free and paid podcast readers for your device. I will list a few options at the end of the article.
How to get the most of podcasts ?
If you are new to listening podcasts or audio books, how long you can concentrate on the audio. Generally, if you are new to it, you might lose track after 15-20 mins. Your attention span may be low.
Lot of people listen while in gym or jogging. Try multitasking it with some other activity. Don’t assume all the information shared is a gold and you can just blindly follow. Those ideas are good starting points.
You might have to tweak the suggestions and see how it works for you. Be open to experiment. Most people listen to all the ideas but fail to implement them in their own business. Don’t just be a listener.
Podcasts you might consider to follow ( in random order )
- Amy Porterfield ( http://www.amyporterfield.com/ ) – Amy’s podcasts are about running online business and blogging
- The Smart Passive Income ( http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/ ) – Pat’s podcasts are about blogging and related trends for the success of your business.
- Tim Ferriss Show ( http://fourhourworkweek.com/podcast/ ) – Tim talks to entrepreneurs in different fields and asks all those questions you might want to ask.
- Entrepreneur On Fire ( https://www.eofire.com/podcast/ ) – John Lee Dumas interview inspiring Entrepreneurs to help you on your Entrepreneurial journey!
- Photobiz Xposed ( http://photobizx.com/ ) – Andrew’s interviews wedding and portrait photographers.